This homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream gets the green color from a top-secret ingredient (ok, I’m going to let you in on it). It’s a healthy treat and a great way to get some greens in 😉
This recipe makes 2 servings.
– 1 medium banana, cut into chunks
– ¼ cup canned lite coconut milk
– ¾ cup fresh spinach
– ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
– ¼ tsp pure peppermint extract
– ¼ cup mini chocolate chips
1. Place the banana in a plastic bag and freeze for 4 hours (or until it’s completely frozen).
2. Place coconut milk and spinach in the blender; cover and blend until smooth.
3. Add the frozen banana and extracts. Blend until smooth.
4. Add chocolate chips and mix well with a spoon or spatula.
5. Pour into a freezer-safe container and freeze until set.