As you prepare for company this holiday season, you’ll want these granola bars on hand!
These chewy, kid-friendly bars are the ideal grab-and-go treat to have on hand a sudden snack attack hits. Store-bought breakfast favorites can be loaded with refined sugars, preservatives, and other less-than-healthy ingredients. These little beauties are tart and savory, thanks to the addition of cranberries, walnuts, and cinnamon. They would be great on a platter in your kitchen or individually wrapped in your car for your next road trip!
Servings 18 servings
1 cup low-fat granola
1 cup dry old-fashioned rolled oats
½ cup whole-wheat flour
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 large egg, beaten
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
¼ cup raw honey
½ cup dried cranberries
½ cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Combine granola, oats, flour, and cinnamon in a large bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine egg, applesauce, and honey in a medium bowl; mix well.
- Add oat mixture to egg mixture; mix until just blended.
- Fold in cranberries and walnuts.
- Spread mixture into an 8 x 8-inch baking pan. Bake for 20 to 22 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut into 18 bars.
What is your go-to snack to keep on hand at all times? Send me a note with your favorites and I’ll share some of mine!