Is there anything better than soup on a cold winter day? And Chicken Noodle is a classic favorite! But skip the canned stuff and whip up a pot on the stove – it’s not as hard as you might think! This recipe makes 6 servings.
- 3 oz. dry macaroni pasta
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium celery stalks, sliced
- 6 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 1.5 lbs cooked shredded chicken breast (approximately 4.5 cups)
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ground white pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4-5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; gently boil for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, salt, and pasta. Gently boil for 10 minutes.
- Evenly divide pasta between 6 serving bowls. Top evenly with soup and serve!