– 8 oz carrots, cut in half lengthwise + then cut into 2-inch pieces
– 8 oz beets, cut into 1¼-inch pieces
– 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1¼-inch pieces
– 1 medium fennel bulb, stalks trimmed, bulb cut in half lengthwise, then cut into 1¼- inch slices
– 1 medium onion, cut in half, cut into thin wedges
– 4 tsp olive oil
– ½ tsp sea salt
– ½ tsp ground black pepper
– 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 450° F.
2. Place carrots, beets, sweet potatoes, fennel, and onion on a large oven-proof roasting pan or baking sheet.
3. Drizzle with oil. Season with salt + pepper and mix well. Spread the vegetables in a single layer.
4. Bake, turning twice, for 40-45 minutes, or until the vegetables are brown + tender-crisp.
5. Sprinkle vegetables with parsley and toss gently to blend.
This recipe makes 4 servings (about ½ cup each).
Portion Fix Containers: 2 Green, 1 Yellow, 1 tsp.
2B Mindset Plate It: A great veggie + FFC side as part of lunch.