Spaghetti squash is another one of those ingredients that can become so many things … but it’s usually a pasta dish. Well, we’re going to transform this stringy vegetable into a delicious pizza 🍕 You can get crazy with your pizza toppings once you’ve mastered this Spaghetti Squash Pizza recipe! Would you try this? Let me know if you do!
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash (approximately 1 small squash)
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ cup all-natural marinara sauce
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz cooked chicken breast, sliced
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 5 fresh basil leaves
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly coat with spray. Set aside.
- Using a clean kitchen towel or paper towels, squeeze as much water as possible from spaghetti squash and place it in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add egg, Parmesan cheese, and oregano to squash. Mix well.
- Place the squash mixture in the center of the prepared baking sheet; use damp hands to press into a thin circular shape, about ¼-inch thick and 10 inches across. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top is dry and edges begin to brown. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the marinara sauce in an even layer on baked crust; top evenly with mozzarella cheese, chicken, and onion. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the onion softens slightly and the cheese melts.
- Top with basil; cut in half. Divide evenly between two plates; serve each with 1 cup arugula as a side salad or additional pizza topping.
This recipe makes 2 servings.
Portion Fix Containers: 2 ½ green, 1 red, 1 blue, 1 orange
2B Mindset Plate It: This recipe makes a great dinner option!