For me, the only thing sweeter than summertime is summertime + a sweet treat in hand! I pulled a few of my favorite sweet recipes from my recipe library to share with my clients this month, and I think I did a pretty fabulous job, if I do say so myself! 🤤
First up, No-Bake S’mores Bars!
- 2 whole-wheat graham crackers (1 cracker sheet each), broken into large pieces
- 1 large ripe banana, mashed
- ½ cup all-natural almond butter
- 2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 scoops chocolate protein powder (I use Shakeology!)
- ¾ cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (You guessed it, Shakeology is my fav!)
- 2 to 3 drops marshmallow flavor (optional, available at specialty baking stores)
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin organic coconut oil melted
Place graham crackers in a food processor (or blender); process continuously until crackers are crushed into fine crumbs. Set aside.
Line an 8 x 8-inch pan with plastic wrap (or aluminum foil). Evenly sprinkle ⅓ of graham cracker crumbs in the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
Combine banana, almond butter, cocoa powder, 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology, and ⅓ of graham cracker crumbs in a medium bowl; mix well with clean hands or a rubber spatula.
Press chocolate mixture into the prepared pan. Cover with plastic wrap and press down to flatten into a pan. Refrigerate for 1 hour to set.
Place cheese, vanilla Shakeology, and marshmallow flavor in a food processor (or blender); process until smooth and well blended.
Evenly spread cheese mixture over chocolate mixture. Set aside.
Combine remaining 2 scoops chocolate Shakeology and oil in a small bowl; mix until smooth.
Evenly spread mixture over cheese mixture. Sprinkle top with remaining ⅓ of graham cracker crumbs. Lightly press graham cracker crumbs into the top. Refrigerate for 1 hour, or until set. Then, cut into twelve bars and serve! Enjoy immediately, or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
S’mores fans, when you make s’mores… are you team burnt marshmallow or barely toasted?! Let me know what you think when you give this recipe a try!