- 1 Tbsp. ghee (organic grass-fed, if possible)
- 1 lb. raw 96% lean ground beef
- ¾ cup chopped onion (approx. 1 medium)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
- 2 cups all-natural tomato puree
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tsp. ground smoked paprika
- ¾ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
Heat ghee in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add beef; cook, breaking apart with a spoon, for 4 to 6 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 to 3 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Add broth, tomato puree, chili powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, and garlic powder; stir to combine.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat to low. Gently boil, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until chili is slightly reduced and thickened.