This recipe is a small bite with a big punch your whole family is going to love! Welcome to the virtual recipe library, Lunch Box Pizza Bites. Yes, just like those bites you love with a healthier twist. I love this recipe because it can be made with almost any topping mix-in you like. So excited to try this one!
Lunchbox Pizza Bites
Servings: 7 (3 muffins each)
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour (or gluten-free flour)
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- ¾ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. finely chopped turkey pepperoni, nitrate-free
- ¼ cup shredded low-moisture part-skim mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup your favorite sauce (optional, for dipping!)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Lightly coat a mini-muffin pan with spray; set aside.
- Add flour, oregano, baking powder, garlic powder, and onion powder to a large mixing bowl; stir to combine.
- Add almond milk and egg to a small mixing bowl; whisk to combine. Add almond milk mixture to flour mixture; stir until well combined. Add pepperoni, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese; stir to combine.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared pan (approximately 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. per cup); bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until lightly browned. Let cool until you can handle the pan.
- Remove pizza bites by cutting straight down around edges with a paring knife. Serve with sauce for dipping (if desired).
What is your favorite pizza topping? Comment and let me know!