Have you ever caught yourself saying, “I’m tired” throughout the day? My husband comments when I lay it on really thick; typically right between 2 PM and 6 PM, it’s all you can catch me saying. My eyelids start sagging… I start craving terrible snacks… My bed sounds like the best idea ever…
But, the universe still needs me to show up! So, what can we do?
Here are 5 ways to get energized in 5 minutes or less! Try one each day this week and see if one or more works for you 💡
1. Eat your breakfast – People who eat breakfast every morning report less fatigue and stress than people who skip it. High-fiber foods, like oatmeal, stick with you longer than a sweet roll or pastry. They’ll keep you full longer than those quick-fix, sugary treats.
2. Try downward dog – Some studies have found that yoga, which uses various postures and deep breathing for exercise and meditation, can be an excellent fatigue fighter. Keep a yoga mat in your office or car so you can get in some deep breathing and blow flow whenever you need it!
3. Have a drink of water. Most of the times you’re feeling “tired and hungry,” your body is probably just “thirsty and dehydrated”. Try to get to the fridge or water cooler for a refill every few hours. The walk there will also help you wake up.
4. Go nuts. Eat a handful of almonds or peanuts, which are high in magnesium and folic acid. These nutrients are essential for energy and cell production and can combat those weary feelings.
5. Shake up some supplements. If you’re used to that afternoon soda, let’s talk more about Energize or Bevvy as the supplement for you. Both are all-natural, low in sugar, and have energy-boosting effects – plus so much more!